Search This Blog

Friday, August 11, 2017

"O good Jesus, hear me!"


Today I am going to share a prayer that many must know; it was a 14th century post-Communion prayer that St. Ignatius is said to have used and I find it helpful to take time to reflect on each line. It is the Anima Christi and I seem inspired to copy it for you today.

Soul of Christ, sanctify me,
Body of Christ, save me,
Blood of Christ, inebriate me,
Water from the side of Christ, wash me,
Passion of Christ, strengthen me,
O good Jesus, hear me,
Within your wounds, hide me,
Do not let me be separated from you,
From the malicious enemy defend me,
In the hour of my death, call me
and bid me come to you, that with your saints
I may praise you for ever and ever. Amen.

I often go back to this prayer as I love asking to be hidden in His Heart and never separated from Him.
Some of us are going to the horse show which is just across the street from the back of the school. I went last year and enjoyed the afternoon very much. It is a fancy country club and one of our alums arranges a table for us and we sit there and sip cold drinks and watch the jumping.

No comments: