Search This Blog

Monday, February 5, 2018

Several Thoughts Tonight




Snow can be beautiful and I miss the quiet that a snowfall brings, but I do not miss having to clear the snow off the car and scrape the ice off the windshield. Still, I think a picture is worth more than words and I am going to be using some snow scenes this week. They remind me of how fortunate we are with the temperature nearing 70 degrees this week. They also will remind all of us to pray for those who are still suffering from the snow storms. I feel for those who do not have shelter and so just now I have mixed feelings about even using these pictures. I hope we see the beauty of new-fallen snow, and sense the quiet. We are only ten days away from Lent. We certainly will be celebrating Valentine's Day on Shrove Tuesday or before as Ash Wednesday is February 14. I mention this now so we can all prepare for the holy season of Lent. Let us ask the Lord how we can do this. The Holy Spirit will let us know what is pleasing to the Lord.

No comments: