Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Wonder



Today is the eve of my 58th year of Final Profession and then I was sent directly to Chile without knowing Spanish! Time flies and I have now been writing this daily blog for over ten years as the first years were not even archived. I never go back over the blogs I have written, but I know others do. I guess they find the archives at the bottom right or maybe they are just using the Google search engine.
When asked how I write something everyday I must confess that I usually just sit down in front of the computer and wait for the Holy Spirit to nudge me. Sometimes I remember that I have something I read and want to share, but other times I just write and hope it will touch at least some of my readers.
Today I want to share some quotes on wonder that I have been reflecting on just now (they are from last April's issue of "Friends of Silence"). 
"Wonder is the basis of worship." Thomas Carlyle

"Children live in a world of dreams and imagination, a world of aliveness...There is a voice of wonder and amazement inside of all of us, but we grow to realize we can no longer hear it, and we live in silence. It isn't that God stopped speaking; it is that our lives became louder." Mike Yaconelli from "Dangerous Wonder: The Adventure of Childlike Faith."

I will have more to say on wonder tomorrow as I am trying to cultivate it in my own life. I think it is a necessary gift.

No comments: