Search This Blog

Friday, February 8, 2013

Anniversary of Final Vows

It was on February 8, 1960 that I made my final vows in Rome; I remember it was a day that I had longed for and to receive our cross and ring was the sign of a commitment until death. It was also announced on that day that I would be going to Chile as a missionary. At that time, you went for life so I did not think I would ever see my family again, unless my parents would be able to come to Chile. Jesus had so many graces waiting for me in Chile and the next twenty years were spent in that wonderful country. In His own way He has been leading me all my life so I feel only joy and gratitude today as I pray for all those who were professed with us - the name given to our group was "Apostolic Courage" and I think we have all had to practice that no matter where we have been.

1 comment:

Maureen Elizabeth Ryan (MER) said...

A special day indeed. Wishing you a very happy anniversary!!