Search This Blog

Friday, February 1, 2013

First Friday

Again it is First Friday and a day special for all those devoted to the Heart of Jesus. Maybe you need to be of a certain age to appreciate the memories of so many First Fridays with special ceremonies and traditions. I know that I have spoken about some of these last month, but I was reflecting on them again today and other "rituals" or customs that families and schools have now made part of my life. We are influenced by our memories. Anyway, I left the gym a bit early so I could get a parking place and found myself with a good twenty minutes before Mass for some quiet prayer. I find it so helpful to just sit there in the Presence of Jesus and try to do this every afternoon in our Chapel.
Today we begin the month dedicated by the Bishops to Saint Philippine Duchesne. Just go to the U.S. Province website listed on the side of my blog and you will find a different reflection on our saint for each day of the month. Today's speaks of Philippine's global heart.

No comments: