Search This Blog

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time




 We really celebrate the 4th of July tomorrow, but I am writing today and want to tell you that the readings for this Sunday are excellent and I hope you will pray with them. They are Ezekiel 2: 2-5; 2 Cor 12:7-10; and Mark 6:1-6.

I want to share the reflection from Give Us This Day that is taken from Saint Oscar Romero

"God comes, and his ways are near to us. God saves in history. Each person's life, each one's history, is the meeting place God comes to. How satisfying to know that one need not go to the desert to meet him, need not go to some particular spot in the world. God is in your own heart.

Who will put a prophet's eloquence into my words to shake from their inertia all those who kneel before the riches of the earth-- who would like gold, money, lands, power, political life to be their everlasting gods! All that is going to end. There will remain only the satisfaction of having been, in regard to money or political life, a person faith ful to God's will. 

One must learn to manage the relative and transitory things of erth, according to his will, not make them absolutes. There is only one absolute: he who awaits us in the heaven that will not pass away."


Happy Canada Day as well as Happy Fourth of July - please remember that I am on vacation for the first two weeks of July. I am here at Oakwood, but will be very busy with the MIssion Forum for the Province that ends only on the 11th so I think I will not be writing my daily blog until after that.


No comments: