Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Feast of St. Margaret Mary



Saint Margaret Mary Alocoque (1647-1690) was born in Burgundy, France. She entered the Visitation convent at Paray-le-Monial and had four visions. Our Lord showed her his Heart burning with love for us. She was instrumental in developing devotion to the Heart of Christ and I think she would like me to copy today the Litany of the Sacred Heart. The response is always "I unite myself" but I will not keep copying the response. Many holy people have used this Litany through the years and grown in union with the Heart of Jesus.
Litany of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
To your adoration, I unite myself.
To your burning love,
To your ardent zeal,
To your reparation,
To your thanksgiving,
To your firm confidence,
To your fervent prayers,
To your silence,
To your humility,
To your obedience,
To your gentleness and peace,
To your surpassing kindness,
To your universal charity,
To your deep recollection,
To your intense desire for the conversion of sinners,
To your close union with the heavenly Father,
To your intentions, desires, and will, I unite myself.
Love of the Heart of Jesus, Inflame my heart.
Charity of the Heart of Jesus, Abound in my heart.
Strength of the Heart of Jesus, Uphold my heart.
Mercy of the Heart of Jesus, Forgive my heart.
Kingdom of the Heart of Jesus, Be established in my heart.
Wisdom of the Heart of Jesus, Teach my heart.
Will of the Heart of Jesus, Dispose of my heart.

No comments: