Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2007


Today's Gospel tells us to "Gird your loins and light your lamps and be like servants who await their master's return from a wedding, ready to open immediately when he comes and knocks."
In my life, I think the key phrase is "ready to open immediately when he comes and knocks." I am afraid that I am like the Bride in the Song of Songs who is not quick to respond but offers excuses and when she gets up to open the door the Bridegroom is gone. Jesus wants us to be ready for him when he knocks. He knocks often during our days, if we are attentive. Then he says, "Blessed are those servants whom the master finds vigilant on his arrival."
Is my lamp lit? Faith keeps it bright. Am I vigilant? Above all, am I ready to open immediately when he comes and knocks?
Today I will pray to open the door and find the Lord in each person, event, and circumstance!

No comments: