Search This Blog

Monday, October 8, 2007

Mary and Martha



Jesus goes to a village and is welcomed by Martha. Mary, Martha's sister, sat at the Lord's feet listening to him. Martha becomes upset as she is "burdened with much serving." She asks Jesus, "Do you not care that my sister has left me by myself to do the serving? Tell her to help me."
Jesus only replies, "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things. There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her."

How often I am like Martha when called to be Mary? Lord, let me not judge others; let me be peaceful in the midst of serving You. Help me to realize how to choose the better part; let me stay in a listening mode today and realize there is need of only one thing: to be with You!"

No comments: