Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"Gladden the soul ..."



The image of the ocean always gladdens my soul because the ocean is a symbol for me of the immense love of God. Today's Psalm says: "Gladden the soul of you servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul."
How do I lift up my soul so the Lord will gladden it? By prayer.
The Gospel tells us that Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray just as John taught his disciples." Jesus then taught them to pray:
"Father, hallowed by your name, your Kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread and forgive us our sins for we ourselves forgive everyone in debt to us, and do not subject us to the final test." Luke gives us this version - short and powerful and a means to gladden our souls!

No comments: