Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Arizona, here I come


My sister has an Indian reservation behind her home and the sunsets are gorgeous; I think they are also spectacular at my brother's but his home faces a mountain and is almost in a desert although it is called Gold Canyon. I leave this afternoon on a direct flight of five hours to Phoenix where my brother and sister-in-law will pick me up. They had to put their dog to sleep yesterday as the dog had cancer, but it was a hard decision for them to make. I hope I can cheer them up!
For those who did not read yesterday's blog, I will be away from the computer and may not be posting my blog everyday during this time. I think it good to take the time off and will leave you with a quotation from Henri Nouwen about community that I think is worth reflecting on as we all belong to different communities and I was thanking for all the people in my life this morning who belong to my different and many communities.
"Community is first and foremost a gift of the Holy Spirit, not built upon mutual compatibility, shared affection, or common interests but upon having received the same divine breath, having been given a heart set aflame by the same divine fire, and having been embraced by the same divine love."
John Main's Essential Writings is also giving me much to reflect upon and I will be sharing some of his one-liners on my return. I am looking forward to seeing my family and just spending time with them.

No comments: