Search This Blog

Friday, April 11, 2008

New Books


My office and my room at home are overflowing with books, but I could not resist buying a few more. One is John Main. Essential Writings with an Introduction by Laurence Freeman. It is one of the Modern Spiritual Masters Series by Orbis and I have the 5th printing, 2006. It looks really good with the story of his life, then his writings and some wonderful short quotes at the end. Then, I bought Timothy Gallagher's The Examen Prayer: Ignatian Wisdom for Our Lives Today. Crossroad, 2006. It looks very helpful and practical with lots of the experience of others included in how to make this prayer a really important part of our daily life. The third book is by Thomas Rausch, S.J. An 8 Day Ignatian Retreat for Priests, Religious, Deacons, and Lay Ministers. Paulist Press, 2008. I looked it over and think it could be very useful outside of retreat as well as using the chapters in a retreat. He is writing for ministers and has some good reflection questions. As I have just received these three, I am not reviewing the books but only telling you that I shall be reading them and they look like they are going to be excellent spiritual reading.

No comments: