Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2008

Athirst for the living God


"As the deer long for for the running waters, so my soul longs for you, O God. Athirst is my soul for God, the living God..."

God gives us the desire for Him; the more we desire God, the more capacity we have to receive His Love. He longs to love us but we need to learn how to allow Him to love us.

I will be going out to Arizona tomorrow to visit my brother and sister-in law in Gold Canyon, go up to Sedona with them, my sister, and possibly my nephew and his wife,for a couple of days. Then I will be visiting my sister the next week in Scottsdale and making a retreat she is helping give the next week end at the nearby retreat house. I will only return on April 29.
I usually take a vacation from the computer when I go away, but this time I may try keeping my blog; it will not be everyday and I am sure the reflections will flow from what I am experiencing as well as my prayer.
This morning I thought about the Regina Coeli It is the prayer we say to Mary instead of the Angelus from Easter to Pentecost. In other words, it is a prayer for the Easter season. I was trying to say it in the car the other day and found that I was not sure of the exact wording so here it is, just in case any of you are in doubt about how to pray this ancient prayer:
Queen of Heaven, rejoice, alleluia.
The Son whom it was your privilege to bear, alleluia
Has risen as He said, alleluia.
Pray to God for us, alleluia
Rejoice and be glad, O Virgin Mary, alleluia!
For the Lord has truly risen, alleluia.
Let us pray
O God, You gave joy to the world
through the Resurrection of Your Son,
Our Lord Jesus Christ. We ask You through the
intercession of the Virgin Mary, His Mother,
to bring us to the happiness of eternal life.
Through the same Christ, our Lord. Amen.

No comments: