Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"I am the Bread of life"


Jesus said, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me with never thirst."
How, if Jesus is the Bread of life, does he nourish me? The "give us our daily bread" may have new meaning when thinking of Jesus as the Bread of life!

I was reading in Albert Nolan's Jesus Today about what we need to do to live as Jesus did. Nolan says that busyness is the supreme distraction. He goes on to show how Jesus had a profound need for silence and solitude. For us, "Regular periods of solitude and silence are indispensable." We need inner silence above all as "inner silence switches off the inner stream of thoughts, images, and feelings. Without this, authentic spirituality and spiritual transformation would not be possible."
Meditation is a way of calming the mind and heart as well as the body. It is a way of arriving at inner silence. Let us meditate!

No comments: