Search This Blog

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Living Water


Jesus tells us that "no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him..."

The Father draws us to Jesus; on our own, we cannot connect with the Lord. It is a grace given to us by God. It is not our own doing. We are drawn to Jesus. There is, according to the Little White Book, a pull, an internal movement toward Christ. As a deer seeks water...God has put this "pull" in me to draw me. Have I sensed it? How do I respond? Do I desire to jump into the pool and find Jesus no matter what the obstacles? Or do I resist? Augustine told us, "Our hearts were made for you, O God, and they will not rest until they rest in you."

Here is a quote I like from St. Madeleine Sophie: "Go on advancing, you are on the true road. Remember, it is not you who have taken it, but God who has placed you there.

No comments: