Search This Blog

Friday, April 13, 2012

Never be satisfied with the first answer or with the easy one...


"Never be satisfied with the first answer or with the easy one. The moment I think I have it s often the moment I most need to keep digging. Answers, it seems to me, are always provisional. It is the questions that keep moving me forward in the unknown--which is where the good stuff is to be found."
Peter Clothier

Now, my first question today is what do you think of this quote? I guess I like the idea that the questions keep moving us forward; I think this is true. I am not sure about the first part of the quote as sometimes the first answer may be the right answer. After all, we have the Holy Spirit to guide us. I guess, though, that the difficult questions need to be pondered and seldom have an easy answer.

The Scripture quote is from Jeremiah: 6:16
"Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls."

I leave this for your reflection as I am off to the gym. We had a great reflection group last night, mostly on the fourth week of the Spiritual Exercises but also on our own experience of God and how Jesus appears in our own lives!!

No comments: