Search This Blog

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Starry Sky


Ignatius was one of the saints that loved to go out and look at the stars at night. It is inspiring to do this still and I wonder why I do not do it more often. I love to do it when I am staying outside of a city, but even in Miami there are beautiful nights for star gazing and this leads to prayer.

I seldom ask pray for any specific intention in this blog, but my sister had a knee operation on March 26 and I want her to get better as soon as possible. The more I hear from others who have had this operation, the more I realize that it is not easy to get back to being able to do everything that one normally did without thinking about it. I also had a call this morning from a cousin asking prayers for her eyes. She was on the way to a clinic for some sort of intervention but has been losing her sight. I was touched that she called to ask for prayer. Sometimes I believe that God waits for us to pray for specific things.

Although I am still upset about the "reform" the Vatican is seemingly trying to impose on the Leadership Conference of Women Religious, I am still using the latest booklet: "Live the Questions Now". I just find the quotes provoke reflection. Here is another from Alice Walker:

"Is there anything more painful than realizing you did not have the right question to ask at the only time on earth you would have the opportunity?"

The Scripture quote is from Mark 9:23: "If you can?" said Jesus. Everything is possible for one who believes."

I hope this calls forth reflection. I am reminded of Job who finally kept silence when God began asking him questions!

No comments: