Search This Blog

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sunday is Good Shepherd Sunday

One of my favorite images of Jesus is that of the Good Shepherd. He gave himself the title. He also said, and this has been one of my favorite lines to pray and ponder for many years: "I know mine and mine know me" and goes on to explain how intimate and perfect this relationship is for it is as the Father knows Jesus and Jesus knows the Father.
It is always vocation Sunday, too. The shepherd calls each of his sheep by name. I am sure Jesus is calling many to follow Him - some as priests, some as religious, some as holy married women, mothers of families, faithful spouses, and some as dedicated, single persons. The important thing is to listen to our Good Shepherd and heed his voice. This will bring us joy!

No comments: