Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Playful Dolphins


I love to watch dophins jumping around and they seem to enjoy life and also want to look out for each other. People pay money here in Florida to go swim with the dolphins and they say they are very touching, gentle, and caring, especially when it is someone expecting a baby. How do they know? They seem to have certain instincts that just tell them when someone needs more love and attention; I guess that is something we all need to develop!

To continue with the spirituality found in reflecting on some parts of the Constitutions of the Society of the Sacred Heart- from Our Service in the Church: We had reflected on: We are sent by the Church
to communicate the love of the Heart of Jesus.
In Him all find their true growth as persons
and now we realize this in our service of education:


11.
Saint Madeleine Sophie chose to express this conviction
through the service of education, especially of the young.
Faithful to her inspiration, and, like her, open to new situations,
we make her desire our own:

- that people become ever more aware of truth, of love
and of freedom
- that they discover the significance of their lives, and devote themselves to others
- that they take part creatively in the common effort to
transform the world
- that they be enabled to encounter the love of Jesus
- that they let their lives be shaped by an active faith.


I guess the important thing is to live this myself, if I am to help others. I think that this has influenced my teaching ministry especially at the University where I have spent the last 25 years of my life.

No comments: