Search This Blog

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Ascension Thursday

Although I know that we are now celebrating this feast in many dioceses on next Sunday, I still need to think of this moment as being a Thursday, forty days after Easter. Jesus spent these days after Easter consoling and confirming others in their faith and I think we are called to do the same. Mostly, I have been finding joy in discovering the many ways Jesus comes to me through e-mail, phone calls, a word from one of my community, or a chance encounter. It is easy to look back over the day and see His Presence but I hope I can improve and recognize Jesus immediately no matter how He comes.
I am reading Illia Delio's book "The Humility of God in the Spirit of St. Francis" and loving it. She speaks of God bending low to be with us.

No comments: