Search This Blog

Thursday, May 2, 2013

May is full of Feasts

I woke up today thinking of what a wonderful month May is for me this year with so many feast days to prepare: Ascension, Pentecost, the Feast of St. Madeleine Sophie on May 25, Holy Trinity Sunday, and the feast of the Visitation on May 31 which is also my birthday. I cannot believe that I was born 82 years ago and must be one of the oldest daily bloggers. Now, we all have some of these feasts that we want to prepare for and so we need to begin by asking Jesus what He wants us to do.
I know He is asking me to live in joy and to give his love and joy to others and, with the Internet and even regular mail, I have no excuse for not spreading his joy and love to others.
Jesus spent much of his public life in going out to see people, reaching out to them, showing them that He loved them and healing those who needed to be healed. He wanted to bring all to seek the reign of God as that was what he came to teach us and what he preached from the beginning. May this month of May bring us closer to Jesus and to one another.

No comments: