Search This Blog

Friday, May 31, 2013

Feast of the Visitation

Mary went with haste to visit Elizabeth. She could not have been on the road alone. Did Joseph go with her and leave her there? Or did she travel with others? She was, of course, the first missionary to carry Christ to others. Elizabeth also has had the Holy Spirit enlighten her so she greets Mary with the words we say in the Hail Mary: "Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb...." And the child in Elizabeth's womb jumped for joy. Mary stayed with Elizabeth for three months, helping her and both must have contemplated the mysterious ways of God. I think Mary pondered all in her heart and trusted God.
It is a feast that I love. I was born on this day 82 years ago; I never thought I would live to be 82! The truth is that I do not feel any older today than yesterday. Let us spend the day with Mary.

No comments: