Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Trusting His Heart


Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in Thee; 
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I believe in Thy love for me;
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, may Thy Kingdom come!

These ejaculations have stayed with me. I can even still sing them. But I am also using some of the lines from the Litany of the Sacred Heart which I have shared in a previous blog about a year or so ago now so I guess I should copy it again; it was the one we said for the novena before each First Friday. I use some of the invocations for a "walking prayer" which in Miami, means walking to my car or the pool, or while driving sometimes, while waiting in the checkout line, etc. My favorite invocation right now is "Love of the Heart of Jesus, inflame my heart." I also love, "Sacred Heart of Jesus, to your burning love, I unite myself."  Just another way of praying during the day. I also often find myself saying, "Jesus, Jesus, be to me a Jesus!" over and over; they told me my great-uncle Jim  kept saying that over and over before he died when I was a young teen-ager and it made such an impression on me that I seemed to have formed the habit. I think most of us probably have a favorite short prayer that we find helpful.

No comments: