Search This Blog

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Preparing for Sunday

We need to prepare for each Sunday. It used to be such a special day for families to celebrate together with their own family traditions. My Dad often cooked a big breakfast for us and he was a great cook. Both my brother and my sister made biscuits for me when I was visiting in Arizona, but I must confess that my Dad's, at least as I remember, tasted better. Before my baby brothers were born and needed someone to stay with them, we went to Church together. Now, most of my community go to Mass on Saturday evening and it is lovely to have extra time for prayer on Sunday morning and then, of course, I do spend time with the Sunday newspapers - after I read the Miami paper, I read some of the New York Times. Then there is time for some good spiritual reading and we pray together every Sunday evening.
The point I wanted to make when I began this blog is that we need to take time to prepare the Lord's Day. It is a time for rest and relaxation, but it is important to plan the day with Jesus. I am going to try to do that concretely this month.

No comments: