Search This Blog

Monday, March 10, 2014

Am I Living Differently in Lent?

The house and my community both seem to have taken on a Lenten atmosphere which is very conducive to prayer. The week end has been quiet; I have only been out to Mass so tomorrow must go out and do all the errands at once. I began Lent with real enthusiasm but Ash Wednesday seems far away - how can I be so fickle? I must begin again and take one day at a time.

I love the Concord Pastor's blog and copied some of his Sunday post to share here with you. I do hope you read it all; just go to the link on my sidebar.

Got the ashes on Wednesday
   (or didn't)...

Know what I'm giving up for Lent
   (not really)...

Praying more each day
   (not so much)...

Setting coin aside to help the poor
   (wanna do that)...

Off to a great start
   (it's Lent already?)...

Lord,
   it's five days into Lent
   and we're all in different places...

Some of us have run five laps,
   others are still looking for the start line...

Some of us do this really well
   and some of us have a hard time with it...

Help us all be modest in our goals...'

There is more so go read it, and above all do not be discouraged. The Lord loves a cheerful giver and we must just begin again each time we fail.

No comments: