Search This Blog

Sunday, March 9, 2014

First Sunday of Lent

The Gospel tells us that Jesus was led into the desert by the Spirit where he fasted for forty days and was tempted. Jesus must have told his disciples about his experience in the wilderness and about his temptations. Having said that, we, too, need to be led by the Spirit during these forty days of Lent and reflect on the temptations that are part of our life as humans. We need to pray that we 'enter not into temptation".
I guess the temptations mentioned in the Gospel are the same today: we are tempted by riches, comfort, material possessions; we are tempted by vainglory, power and we are tempted by pride - Jesus came to teach us that blessed are the poor, the humble, the meek, and the merciful.

I am looking forward to a quiet day with some writing. I do have friends that appreciate some notes and I need to answer them and then get back to the book I say I want to write, but keep procrastinating!!

I continue to pray for our world and ask you to do the same.

No comments: