Search This Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Lenten Reflections



Last night I had my spirituality group from Carrollton here as they wanted to continue deepening their spirituality after the Busy Persons' Retreat. They are a joy to be with and tonight my reflection group comes - not all 17 but I am expecting at least 14 counting my community so will make a big taco salad and they bring things, too. I love the picture with the quiet water and all so green. It reminds me of a phrase from the 1815 Constitutions: "the calmness of a soul who longs only for her God" (since I am quoting that from memory, it may be just the way I remember it but it comes from the paragraph on simplicity - one that makes us long only for God whom we wish to please...
If you are looking at the Lenten Reflections found on the Province website, be sure to click first on the "For Lent" button on the right and then click again on the date of the day to get the reflection. I did not realize that when giving instructions yesterday on how to find the daily Lenten reflection.

More from the Pope's Gospel of Joy:


An authentic faith – which is never comfortable or completely personal – always involves a deep desire to change the world, to transmit values, to leave this earth somehow better that we found it. We love this magnificent planet on which God has put us, and we love the human family which dwells here, with all its tragedies and struggles, its hopes and aspirations, its strengths and weaknesses. The earth is our common home and all of us are brothers and sisters. If indeed "the just ordering of society and of the state is a central responsibility of politics", the Church "cannot and must not remain on the sidelines in the fight for justice".

No comments: