Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

New Books

Yesterday's mail brought me five new books to read! I am going to share the titles with you now, but will not add a book to my list on the right side of the blog until I have read it. As I am actually trying again to work on the Life of Lucile Mathevon, I guess these books will take me weeks to read. However, one that came from the Provincial House and is the life of one of our nuns who became a great friend when we were sharing the same little apartment in the Grove Community in Miami, will no doubt be finished before tonight. It is called, "Faithful Friend, Ursula McAghon, RSCJ and Jan Dunn has done a great job in writing her life. She was a wonderful religious and I felt so honored to have her as a special friend for the years she was here in Miami. She was one who taught by example! I also made a directed retreat with her and had a last visit with her just weeks before her death.
The other books are James Martin's "Jesus:A Pilgrimage"; Ilia Delio's "From Teilhard to Omega: Creating An Unfinished Universe"; Michael Gaitley, MIC's "Consoling the Heart of Jesus: A Do-It-Yourself-Retreat Inspired by the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius"; and then a printed copy of "The Joy of the Gospel" so I can really study what Pope Francis is saying. I have had it on the computer since it came out last December, but it is something to have the copy in my hands. Now I shall practice austerity and not buy any more books at least for the rest of Lent!

No comments: