Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Second Sunday of Lent

Today we get a glimpse of Jesus transfigured so that his garments are whiter than any and while Jesus is speaking with the great prophets, Peter, James, and John hear a voice telling them "This is my beloved Son; listen to Him." We are invited to go up the mountain with Jesus and be there to hear the same words. How am I listening to Jesus? The three disciples are really afraid; Jesus approaches them and touches them and tells them not to be afraid. He does the same for me. How often do I hear Jesus saying to me, "Do not be fearful?" I am to trust Him and believe in His Love and go with Him even to the cross. FEAR NOT" FOR HE IS WITH US ALWAYS!

Today is a day of prayer and preparation for St. Patrick's Day tomorrow. We actually celebrated on Saturday night with a St. Patrick's dinner and party with all the Religious of the Sacred Heart in the Miami Area.

I heard yesterday that one of the reasons that the Gospel of the Transfiguration is so important is that it is something that happened to Jesus - there are only five instances in the Gospels where Jesus has something happen to Him that is really out of the ordinary: his Baptism, Transfiguration, Crucifixion, Resurrection, Ascension.

No comments: