Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Feast of the Queenship of Mary


This Feast of the Queenship of Mary used to be on May 31 and today was the Immaculate Heart of Mary. I like celebrating Our Lady as Queen of heaven the week following the Assumption. This is really my third "station" for the month of August. I may not have shared an inspiration I had while in retreat for a couple of days at Villa Maria del Mar. It was on the Feast of St. Ignatius and I was wondering how to get more in touch with my inner life. I had been trying to understand that quote of Merton that I know I did share with you, but will repeat here: "The geographical pilgrimage is a symbolic acting out of an inner journey. The inner journey is the interpolation of the meaning and signs of the outer pilgrimage." 
My idea is to make concrete my inner life by reflecting on four feasts each month until Christmas. I consider these feasts as stations on the way where I pause to reflect with the reading for the feast to see where the Lord is leading me. First, I was just on the mountain with Jesus (Transfiguration); then, I went to heaven with Mary (Assumption) and now I am at the feet of my Queen and Mother (Queenship of Mary). Linked to the daily examen, I think this is really helping me to get in touch with my interior life and that is why I am sharing this with you today.

My inner journey seems to be in a flying boat sometimes and I am just the passenger. At other times, I am allowed, even called upon, to steer the boat. Docking the boat at four "stations" along the way each month to stop and reflect on my journey seems a good inspiration for me to try. I will keep you posted.
Do remember that the Pope asks each of us to make an Examen each day in dialogue with Jesus.

No comments: