Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Feast of St. Augustine



Here is the Collect for the Mass for this feast:
"Renew in your Church, we pray, O Lord,
the spirit with which you endowed your Bishop St. Augustine that, filled with the same spirit, we may thirst for you, the sole fount of true wisdom, and seek you, the author of heavenly love."

We certainly need to pray for a renewal in our Church today. I have always admired Augustine and talked myself into a Latin class when in college just because I wanted to study the "Confessions of St. Augustine". Then, I began teaching at St. Thomas University in Miami when it was still an Augustinian University. I love the way Augustine was converted and I do believe that our hearts are restless until we find rest in God.

Oakwood has received or is receiving five new members so we have a full house. I think we may be 51 now. Maybe more, if we count the Gatehouse community. 

No comments: