Search This Blog

Monday, August 6, 2018

Feast of the Transfiguration


Today's Feast of the Transfiguration of Jesus is very much connected to my retreat last week. It was really only two days of silence but they were really prayerful days. We arrived on Monday and had brought a picnic lunch with us so that we could sit outside and eat it. We spent an hour or so just sharing and then were able to go to our rooms and unpack at 1:30. We met again at 5:00 and talked until dinner at 6:00 and then we decided to celebrate St. Ignatius' Feast in silence. We had a group of teachers meeting at Villa Maria del Mar the first days we were there and so had Mass at 5:00 on the Feast of Saint Ignatius and at 11:00 the next morning.  I had prayed that there would be a priest so that added to our really only two days of silent retreat, but they were very fruitful days. More about that later as I need to write a bit about what the Feast of the Transfiguration is for me.
First, I feel that Jesus is always inviting me to come with him up the mountain. He took his chosen ones and took them to pray. They went willingly. It must have been an honor to have been invited. Now, Jesus keeps inviting me to go up with him. I hope I am responding and not saying I am too tired or too busy.
It is when we are there with Jesus on the mountain that we see His divinity revealed. I am sure that happens to us sometimes when we are in prayer. Jesus always wants to show Himself to us in his glory as He did his chosen three. He wants to strengthen us and we need to be there with Him. And we need to listen to Him!

No comments: