Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

The Communion of Saints



Since I have been spending time with Our Lady this week around the mystery of her Asumption into heaven, I am seeing her presiding over all the saints, listening to them, sending angels to console us, and just being a mother to all. I cannot really picture heaven, but it is a bright, peaceful place and full of love and joy. I have so many friends there that I feel at home and just wandering around with Mary until she takes me to Jesus. Then I am just there for with Jesus are the Father and the Holy Spirit. I do not see them but imagine light and do feel their presence. I suppose this is all imaginative prayer, but it makes God, Mary, the angels and the saints very real for me.

Here is a quote from St. Madeleine Sophie: "Every delay with God is a kind of refusal." 

That makes me think that I need to pay more heed to the nudges of the Holy Spirit. I sometimes wait for a shove from above.

No comments: