Search This Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Fifth Sunday after Easter

"Let not your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me. In my Father's house there are many dwelling places."

These lines from John's Gospel (Jn 14: 1-12) have always given me consolation, even joy. Jesus is telling us not to be troubled. We need to believe in Him and know that He has a dwelling place prepared for us.
This is a time of uncertainty. People are fearful, anxious, worried, and so we need to remember these words of Jesus and ask Him to keep our hearts from being troubled. Let us ask for the grace to trust His Heart for all that we need!

It is also Mother's Day and I pray for all mothers - many are not able to see their children today but I am sure there is real effort to be creative in expressing gratitude for the great gift of a mother!

No comments: