Search This Blog

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Preparing for feasts




It is Memorial Day week end. Since we are still not allowed to have visitors, it will be a quiet one. I have grown to love the silence.
Monday is both Memorial Day and the Feast of St. Madeleine Sophie. I am asking Sophie to help me to prepare for the feast of Pentecost which is the last Sunday of May this year and my 89th birthday. We all need to pray for the grace to be more attentive to the Holy Spirit each day and all day. We say a prayer each morning to prepare for Pentecost and there is a novena online. I am asking for the Holy Spirit to help all of us to discern even the little things in our lives.

My favorite quote from St. Madeleine Sophie is:

"Be humble, be simple, and bring joy to others."

Let us ask the Holy Spirit to make us humble, simple, and allow us to give joy to others.


No comments: