Search This Blog

Monday, May 11, 2020

Monday Blues or Joy

It is never "blue" Monday for me as I cultivate joy and see all the possibilities of a new week before me. I do mourn the many deaths and the number of people suffering from this coronavirus all over the world. I need to believe that God is with us and we are all learning what is essential and what is not in this world of ours. I pray that we live to change many things and work for the common good of all.

Tonight I am sharing this in our Monday night prayer in Westwood:

"When you invite people into your house, you probably spend a fair amount of time getting ready-...what is the spiritual equivalent? What do we need to do to ready our interior castle for the most important visitor we could possibly entertain? It's not at all unlike the house prep. We need to declutter our minds, create an open space inside, clear out the things that get in the way of our relationship with God."
Taken from "Daily Reflections for Easter to Pentecost" by Mary DeTurris Poust.

How do I prepare my interior home to welcome the Lord? Do I need only to dust or is it time for a thorough cleaning - clearing out, putting order, and then opening the door...

No comments: