Search This Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2007

I have sought you with all my heart

My thoughts have continued to center around desire -- God's desire for me and my desire for God. Desire for God is a gift and just telling God that I desire Him increases the desire. Desire does not need words.

This morning I read over Psalm 119 (a long psalm and not a favorite) and found some verses jumped out at me and so I am sharing them with you, my readers, who seem to be in various parts of the world but seldom send comments. (I am grateful for feedback and do get some from Scotland which warms my heart.)


"With my whole heart I seek you" - that expresses my desire.

"My soul melts away for sorrow, strengthen me according to your word."
The tragic deaths of so many at Virginia Tech has united all of us at all universities in grief; the image of my soul melting away for sorrow seems to fit.

"Let your steadfast love come to me, O Lord...I am yours; save me...
"You are my hiding place and my shield."
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."

The Psalms make prayer easy!

No comments: