Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Rain and Snow and the Feast of All Saints


We are having rain and some flooding of streets this week, but the northeast has had heavy snow that has knocked out power and I am sure many are suffering up there. It is a strange thing to think of snow at the end of October! However, it is now November and the Feast of All Saints which I love.

Here is the the reason the Feast gives us joy:
The Preface for All Saints
Today we keep the festival of Your holy city,
the heavenly Jerusalem, our mother.
Around Your throne the saints,
our brothers and sisters,
sing Your praise for ever.
Their glory fills us with joy,
and their communion with us in Your Church
gives us inspiration and strength
as we hasten on our pilgrimage of faith,
eager to meet them.

With their great company and all the angels
we praise Your glory as we cry out with one voice:

Holy, holy, holy...




I need to tell you that I will be away again for a week - just to get to see family in Arizona. I found a cheap ticket on Southwest months ago and was happy about that and these dates seemed to be good for everyone so I take off and will be away from the blog for a whole week. Maybe it will be nine days as I am usually swamped the first days back. I am sure that I will be watching many football games with my brother! Maybe I will really learn the difference between some of the rules for college games and for Professional games as I get confused sometimes. It is always good to see family and worth the whole day of travel as Southwest leaves from Fort Lauderdale and then goes to Kansas City before Phoenix so it will be about ten hours or so after I leave home before I arrive out there and my sister-in-law is going to meet me. I will spend some of the week with her and my brother in Gold Canyon and then go to Scottsdale to be with my sister. She and her husband live about 45 minutes away and my nephew and his wife live about forty-five minutes away from both of them so it is a nice triangle; I suspect it is about an hour each way now that traffic has increased out there, but still close enough for them to get together.
Look for the next post around November 12th.

No comments: