Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2014

62 Years of Consecrated Life

I made my vows sixty-two years ago today and remember the joy I felt as if it were yesterday! I had prayed to really understand what I was committing myself to for the rest of my life. I think I was so in love with Jesus that nothing else mattered. As I was the athletic coach for the school as a second year novice, I remember going to the locker room to talk to the girls for the last time on my vow day.
Now, having returned in memory to my first day of consecrated life, let me go back to Pope Francis' Letter. His expectations for this year of consecrated life are: Joy, ability to wake up the world in a prophetic way, living a spirituality of communion, a going forth to proclaim the Gospel, and, finally, that we question what it is that God and people today are asking. More about these expectations tomorrow!

No comments: