Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Good Shepherd Sunday


Good Shepherd Sunday's Collect: 
Almighty ever-living God,
lead us to share in the joys of heaven,
so that the humble flock may reach
where the brave Shepherd has gone before.
Who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.

John's Gospel for this fourth Sunday after Easter,  begins with  Jesus saying: "I am the good shepherd. A good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." .....
He also says: "I am the good shepherd, and I know mine and mine know me and I know the Father; and I will lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. These also I must lead, and they will hear my voice, and there will be one flock, one shepherd...

You can do your own reflection on what it means for us to have Jesus as our Good Shepherd.

No comments: