Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Commemoration of All the Faithful Departed


 Today we celebrate all who have died and gone before us. The feast of All Saints makes us feel joyful when we think of all those who have gone before us and are now with God. Still, we often need to let ourselves grieve for those who have left us and we want to pray especially for them so we have a day to pray and reflect on our union with all the departed.

I find myself thinking more and more of my own parents. I know that they are watching over me from heaven, but I miss them. I want to tell them now how grateful I am for all the love and care they gave me. I guess I am looking forward to seeing them and so many friends and relatives when I get to heaven. Today we remember all of those who have died more recently and we pray for them. Here, in the month of November, we pray for all those who have died at Oakwood, naming them during the Liturgy each morning by dates so we have about fifteen names read each day in November. 

No comments: