Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2021

Concern and Gratitude


 I am very concerned about the situtation of the homeless everywhere, but especially right here in Oakland and San Francisco. We have thousands of homeless and now it is beginning to get cold at night and so many are sleeping on the streets still. California is a rich state so why cannot we solve the problem of having so many without shelter? And I am also aware of so many in the world who suffer from hunger, who do not have clean water, who have no homes....and then there are all those who now are in refugee camps...I do not want to sound sad or discouraged, but we have so much and I am very grateful for all I have, but what about those who do not have even the basic necessities to live? 

I am going to return to keeping a gratitude journal to prepare for Thanksgiving. I find it is so helpful and makes me so grateful to God for all He has given me and is giving me.

No comments: