Search This Blog

Thursday, May 18, 2017

A word can help us pray...


Last week I spoke of words that sometimes help us to enter into deep prayer and I think at different times, different words help. I am still with the word "surrender" which is, of course, an old favorite of mine since my years in Chile when the verb was
'entregarme' or hand myself over to the Lord. Now I just seem to use the word to be totally open to whatever the Lord wants.

Often the word is gratitude and helps me to enter into a deep and quiet state of just being grateful.
Sometimes, the word 'transparent' comes to mind and I desire to be before God completely open and known as only God can know me.
I hope this sharing triggers some words that help you to pray.

And there is always my favorite quote from St. Madeleine Sophie:
"Be simple, be humble, bring joy to others."

I am trying to schedule ahead and yesterday posted a second blog that was intended for the Feast of St. Madeleine Sophie next week. It will appear again but once published on our website I cannot do any editing.

No comments: