Search This Blog

Friday, May 12, 2017

Of this and that





We are here helping one of our sisters by our prayers. She is such a lovely person, but God seems to want to take her to Himself.  We all owe much to her. We made our final profession in Rome together.
In the meantime, we are busy celebrating so many end-of-the year events. It makes me realize that we will be going into retreat at the end of this month. Graduation is May 26 and the retreat is from May 29-June 4 --we are celebrating a huge birthday on June 4 as Nancy Morris will be 90 and has invited all of Oakwood as well as a few hundred others (she was head of the school here for years) for Mass and an outdoor luncheon. This is just to give you an idea of what will be happening. I will not be writing my blog during the retreat.
My thoughts keep going back to the grace of having at least tried to develop a relationship with each Person in the Blessed Trinity. I guess I began that at the Trinita dei Monti in Rome during those months I was there in 1959. I am now spending prayer time here with the Trinity. It is amazing to be more conscious these days of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Jesus told us so often that He came that we might know the Father and that the Father is in him and he is in the Father. The Holy Spirit is also present and all three Persons love us with infinite love.
Are there any words that resonate in you when you think of them in connection to the interior life? I guess there are many and they may be different at different times. I will be sharing my words soon as I have been reflecting about whether this is one way God may be speaking to me.  I am not thinking of love or joy - two words that are always with me. I guess gratitude is another word that is rather constant. Just lately, I have noticed new words.


No comments: