Search This Blog

Monday, May 15, 2017

Meaningfl Words


Looking back over my rather recent history of prayer, I find that some words stand out. When I reviewed April, there were three words: humility, surrender, and a phrase: "let yourself be filled with love" - the rest of that phrase was "in order to give His love to others."
Now, the word surrender means to entrust myself to Jesus in complete openness, holding nothing back. It is attracting me and influencing how I enter prayer. Another word that keeps coming this week is "transparent" - I want to be transparent. Gratitude is usually present, too.
I guess I am wondering if a word or phrase helps each of my readers to deepen their own interior life. Certainly our call to silence has helped me this year and I intend to share more on silence these days before the retreat.

No comments: