Search This Blog

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Show us the Father



This is another one of my pictures taken in the evening in our patio. I am so fortunate to be surrounded by beauty.

I keep thinking of the Sunday Gospel for tomorrow: "Whoever has seen me has seen the Father." We know about God because we know Jesus. He tells us that "The words I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works." And Michael Simone, S.J., in his commentary for Sunday, 
adds that this is a key teaching of John's entire gospel. "Jesus is God's only self-description, God's only commandment and God's only dream for humanity. In other words, if we model our life on Christ, not only will we be fulfilling God's will, we will become the kind of humans God has always dreamt of and we will reflect God's grace to all we meet. This is what Jesus means when he says, "No one can come to the Father except through me." Only by believing in Christ and fashioning our lives after his can we become like the Father...
{Taken from "Show Us the Father", from America Magazine)
Let us pray for the Holy Father's trip to Fatima.

No comments: