Search This Blog

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Fourth Sunday after Easter




This Sunday is Good Shepherd Sunday. Jesus tells us in the Gospel for today that "the shepherd calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. . .he walks ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they recognize his voice."
Jesus also says: "I am the gate for the sheep...Whoever enters through me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture...I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly."
And we have the beautiful Psalm 23:
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
In verdant pastures he gives me repose;
Beside restful waters he leads me;
He refreshes my soul.

He guides me in right paths...

We are so very fortunate to have the image of the Good Shepherd to help us understand the Lord's love for us.
Let us thank Him today.

No comments: