Search This Blog

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Breathing in, breathing out...


We have a song we sing often here before our afternoon gatherings; lately, I find myself singing it to myself at odd moments and before prayer and even after Communion during Mass. Here are the words:
Breathing in, breathing out,
I am calm, I am smiling;
You in me, I in You
Precious moment, wondrous moment,
Peace to the world, peace to the world.

It may also help you quiet down. I am finding interior silence difficult these days and look forward to out retreat which begins the night of May 29.  It seems to be a pattern in my life that the time before retreat is difficult for prayer. So many thoughts, images, stream through my mind, but, as one spiritual director once told me, just "show up" - God sees the effort and the desire.

I opened an envelope I was handed yesterday to find it was a birthday card with a note written by Marg Miller who had died the day before so it was like a message from heaven. I have it on my desk now. My birthday is the last day of the month and I am not planning on celebrating it this year as I will be in retreat!

No comments: