Search This Blog

Monday, June 15, 2009

Let us Prepare for the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus




Now, we will be celebrating the Feast of the Sacred Heart in just five days! Let us make this a week full of short prayers to the Heart of Christ. I love these that can be sung: O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in You; O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I believe in Your love for me; O Sacred Heart of Jesus, may Your Kingdom come!

I also love, "Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto thine."

Jessica Powers has a great poem on "The Mercy of God'. I am going to copy the last part that says much to me and maybe to you, also:

I rose up from the acres of self that I tended with passion
and defended with flurries of pride;
I walked out of myself and went into the woods of God's mercy,
and here I abide.
There is a greenness and calmness and coolness, a soft leafy
covering
from the judgment of sun overhead,
and the hush of His peace, and the moss of His mercy to tread.
I have naught but my will seeking god; even love burning
in me
is a fragment of infinite loving and never my own.
And I fear God no more; I go forward to wander forever
in a wilderness made of His infinite mercy alone.


This is taken from the Selected Poetry of Jessica Powers edited by Regina Siegfried and Robert Morneau. Sheed and Ward, 1989. Let us all abide in the woods of God's mercy!

No comments: