Search This Blog

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Today I am blessed with two Liturgies!

Back at the University for Mass, prayer and faith-sharing with my faculty group, and then the Sacrament of Reconciliation and Spiritual Direction and then home to have Mass in my own!!!This is a good way to begin the season of Lent. I am still praying over my own plans for Lent but have some idea that involves some service of others as well as a real effort to get rid of the many things I seem to accumulate and really do not need. I like the idea of seeing Jesus in each person and event and hope I can give His Love to all, but now to make this very concrete!
I am definitely going to follow the Pope and ponder in joy and gratitude the immense love of God as we move through the paschal mystery this Lent. It is a gift to have this special season to renew ourselves and I am looking forward to really entering into Lent this year. We have so much to pray for and our world needs prayer! I need to safeguard afternoon prayer as I found that I did not really try to find time for it while I was away - now back to a routine of work, exercise, and prayer and I am convinced that prayer is the most important thing I can do!

No comments: